JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missing text messages

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 07:59 AM)
ponygrrl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Text messages between my boss and I are missing. Some remain, but most of them are gone. I have not deleted any messages. I tried the clear cache and data, but the messages are still missing. Setting for delete messages is off and has never been turned on. No other text thread has been affected. Help! These are the most important messages on my phone. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Over 6 billions texts are sent each day workdwide. Text messages were never designed to be permanent, due to the storage that would be required to do so. Therefore, they are generally cleared from your carrier's network after 30 days. It is my understanding that carriers are required to retain a copy for authorities for a specific period as determined by local or regional laws, it may be possible to obtain a copy, though I sincerely doubt it can be done without a court order. Please contact your carrier for further assistance. I'm sorry to hear about your issue.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Over 6 billions texts are sent each day workdwide. Text messages were never designed to be permanent, due to the storage that would be required to do so. Therefore, they are generally cleared from your carrier's network after 30 days. It is my understanding that carriers are required to retain a copy for authorities for a specific period as determined by local or regional laws, it may be possible to obtain a copy, though I sincerely doubt it can be done without a court order. Please contact your carrier for further assistance. I'm sorry to hear about your issue.