Original topic:

S Pen On Outer Screen

(Topic created: 11-14-2023 10:08 AM)
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've had the Fold 5 now for a few months and overall I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few things about it that I will definitely need to see added before I will think about purchasing another folding phone. I use the S Pen a lot so having it integrated into the phone is a must. I don't know what technology is lacking but the front screen needs to support the S Pen. I don't mind the size of the outer display. It's actually quite nice to hold and use with the exception of typing any textual content. Anything that requires the use of the keyboard on the outer display ends up being an extreme workout of my spell checker. This is very frustrating. The last thing is the battery. It just needs to be bigger. As the technology increases so does the demand for power to use it. The battery definitely feels like Samsung compromised when choosing the size because they had already decided on the form factor of the phone instead of the other way around. There are other things that should improve as I'm sure they will. These are just the things that need to improve before I will buy another foldable phone. I'd be just as happy going back to the S24 Ultra when it comes out as I am using this phone. 
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
danb4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I currently have the fold 4. I really like it even with having to have the screen replaced after|r it cracked. The feature I really would like incorporated is to be able to use the spen on the front screen as well as the inner. Kudos to the previous poster for mentioning this. 
 This is really a little but very inconvenient thing. Instead of using my spen as I had and want to I find myself keyboarding a quick note or text or thought or action. When I really want my spen to use instead. But it's just light oh well hurry and capture that thought or action, even though it would be done better with the pen. Or at the moment it's inconvenient or not a stable environment to unfold and not it down. And yes I know the S23 can do all this but I really like the foldable idea and design. When I bought mine I just wrongly assumed it had it. It was very disappointing. And then when the 5 still doesn't, will the 6 also not have it. That to me was a big reason for getting a fold and why I waited. You have the convenience of a normal albeit slightly small conventional front and then a great beautiful unfolded inner, 2 device's in one. Great, the best, exactly what I wanted! I'm sorry I've gone way to long but just a rambling thought to put out there. Thanks for your patience and products!!!