Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 07-30-2023 09:34 PM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
90 Replies
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hey Samsung,

I'm sure, like every other manufacturer, you have to be conservative with your new features when releasing new devices. Otherwise you'll run out of innovations just as quickly as you'll be forced to increase the price to justify the new technology. But you seriously dropped the ball with the Z Flip 5. Even more so with the Z Fold 5. 

Z Flip 5: You allowed Motorola to be the first to have a cover display that spans nearly 100% of the front of their device. AND you allowed them to do MORE on their cover than your own device. ðŸĪĻ I would like to hope that you will quickly ðŸĪžðŸŧadd more APPS to be used on the cover display after launch.
Keeping a 12MP camera on a phone that you market towards people that snap a lot of selfies was also a let down. 🙄 Also, where is DeX? ðŸĪĻ

Z Fold 5: I'm sure you already know how little you changed the newest Fold. 😒 Personally, I have no problem with an external S Pen. Most others expect you add an internal S Pen, but don't seem to acknowledge the obvious restrictions of other features/specs that would change. But, you could stop taking tips from :red_apple: and include the S Pen in the box. You could have adapted the attachment style from your premium tablets and allowed the S Pen to magnetize to the back of the Fold. Even made a periscroping S Pen so it could be compact enough to not take up so much room. Instead, you went back to using the S Pen from the S21 Ultra. ðŸĪĻ You could have also rotated the aspect ratio to allow for a better viewing/using experience and possibly allow for a batter arrangement of internals to allow for an upgrade camera. Everyone would be annoyed if you had added the S21's 108MP camera. But at the least it would've been an upgrade. ðŸ˜Ū‍ðŸ’Ļ Lastly, you could have added better productivity, instead of just added 2 more recently used apps to the Task Bar. You could have also added the capability to allow 4 apps in Split Screen View. Your device has the screen has enough real estate to allow for it.
JTFold4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
😏😆
0 Likes
JTFold4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did anyone happen to see the prototypes that Samsung themselves showed off during the Z Fold 5 Z Flip 5 event in South Korea to the press? It might give some hope 😆.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
The animation in the galaxy unpacked shows the hinge is gear. 
Anyone here can confirms that officially?
0 Likes
Turner01
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
Is any one with the fold 4 upgrading to fold 5???? I personal don't think it's worth it and I think I will keep my fold 4 maybe until fold 6 comes out.
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am. I pre-ordered mine after Unpacked. Is it a huge upgrade? No. Did I let Samsung know about themselves for this lack luster refinement? Yes. 😆 I am a bit disappointed because the Flip series has had a Cover Screen redesign with each release, yet the Fold series has had.... ONE. Consumers and even Tech Reviewers have been saying the Cover Screen on the Fold is just too narrow. I wouldn't have cared if they did an Ultra version this year to give the market that wants a wider Cover Screen (with the same height, let's be clear... No need to squish it down and give us the same problem the Pixel Fold has albeit software moreso than hardware) and release a regular version for those that like the skinny, narrow, non-ergonomic Cover Screen. I would've appreciated that. But to make us wait another year for a proper refresh and redesign was a little rude...
Turner01
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
The front display should at least be optimized for the screen more but I feel it's a software issue. I refuse to buy another foldable until they fix that and totally redesign the fold series. My boy has a fold 3 and is not much different than mine.
Options
Galaxy Fold
Oh for sure! This will be the third year in a row that we've gotten just a "refinement". And it really has to do with Samsung being comfortable and a little bit stubborn in my opinion. I feel like it's unacceptable too because they're becoming the King of missed opportunities when they have all the resources they need to make a foldable that could've knocked the rest out of the running. Huawei released an "outty" which isn't practical but sure is beautiful and an "inny" that has better cameras, a better aspect ratio, and bigger batteries. But they stuck in China, banned from using 5G modems, and banned from Google Services. Xiaomi with their Mix Fold... all beautiful and great with great specs but.. stuck in China and lacks good software optimized for foldables. Then you have Honor with the Magic V2. Thinner, lighter, better cameras, aspect ratio, great hinge, bigger batteries... AND has stylus support on the inner and outer displays which people have been telling Samsung since day one the messed up not doing that first with a digitizer on the outer display. I don't know. I love Samsung... I'm just..... confused.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
But you still bought it. The only thing Samsung is getting out of you is money and the notion that they can continue to sell these "unacceptable" upgrades.