JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z FOLD4 back-up with bad usb port?

(Topic created: 09-11-2023 10:12 AM)
Evo9RS
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My Z-fold4 charging port has gone bad and I can't use smart switch to back up my data before taking it in for repair. Is there another solution I can use to get my pics/videos/docs/app settings backed up to my PC? This is what sucks about not having an SD card!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Evo9RS You can backup your pics/videos/docs to a cloud service (Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive, or ...). Then connect your PC to the same cloud service to download as needed. 

I don't think this will grab all app settings, but you can go to phone settings -> Accounts and backup and select Back up data under Samsung Cloud. Ensure that everything is enabled that you want backed up. Click Backup now at the bottom of the screen. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Evo9RS You can backup your pics/videos/docs to a cloud service (Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive, or ...). Then connect your PC to the same cloud service to download as needed. 

I don't think this will grab all app settings, but you can go to phone settings -> Accounts and backup and select Back up data under Samsung Cloud. Ensure that everything is enabled that you want backed up. Click Backup now at the bottom of the screen. 

Evo9RS
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah I hate using cloud, it was hard to remove everything from Google pics and one drive last time. I was hoping there was something like titanium backup that I used to use on rooted phones
0 Likes