JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying messages in black boxes that stay displayed too long and are not movable.

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 08:19 AM)
Members_c550C5s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Many apps seem to display messages in a black rounded corner rectangle on top of what I'm doing.  These boxes are not movable and remain displayed far too long.  They often cover up something I need - like my keyboard.  I've searched on options for balloons, bubbles, etc and have tried turning off many options but have not affected these messages at all.  What are they called and how can I turn them off?  They should at least be movable!  Duh!  

3 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Toast notifications, and they can't be turned off.
Solution
Members_c550C5s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks!  That is what I needed and I have now done some research on "toast notifications".  It seems the implementation on my Note 10 is extremely poor because these notifications stay displayed for quite a long time and cover up things I need to click on.  I found an Android style guide that said 3.5s should be the default display time.  In the Accessibility settings I found I could change the display time but the minimum was 10s.  The Default is obviously much longer.  

jodyc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here, only I have a new s22 without the pen. Annoying as all get out! AT&T guy didn't know how to fix. Thank you very much for your post. 10s is much better than 1 or 2 minutes. You'd think Samsung could would should fix this!