JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Received a message about backing up cloud storage

(Topic created: Monday)
BlondieA2Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've received two text messages from an unknown number advising me to back up my cloud storage before I lose it.  

I have turned off Google cloud storage a couple years ago; I thought Samsung cloud storage ended several years ago; and as far as I know, I don't have ANY paid cloud storage.
Just wondering if this could be a scam?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I would think it was a scam. I've never received a text to back up any data from Samsung or Google or any of the others I've used

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I would think it was a scam. I've never received a text to back up any data from Samsung or Google or any of the others I've used

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

BlondieA2Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks. I've always received emails from Samsung also. But the second text did make me wonder. I didn't know Samsung OR Google was backing up my photos either. Got emails from both, but I thought THOSE were scams too, and I almost lost everything. When I did decide to check out Samsung, there was a window in which I could download everything to my laptop before a certain date (several years ago). So I thought I'd do that just to see what, if anything, had been backed up. When I started that transfer from cloud to laptop, it was ALL MY PHOTOS. I was shocked because I had a 512G SD card which I had moved from Samsung phone to Samsung phone. It wasn't even full. But in that transfer from the cloud, it wiped all my photos off my SD card. So I was concerned about what was backing up what. I found out then how exactly ti turn off automatic cloud sync for Samsung. Then a year or so later, the same situation came up with Google except "my Google cloud was almost full" and I needed to buy more storage. Yes, Google was also automatically backing up my photos!!. So I figured out how to turn that off also. It's one thing if you KNOW that's happening. It's a problem if you DONT know it's happening.
0 Likes