Original topic:

Calls being rejected

(Topic created: 12-13-2020 01:31 PM)
usermqeCDbpjZe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Good evening, my phone only allows some of my contacts to actually call me, and almost anyone else gets call rejected and it says I unavailable after one ring. Does anyone know what this is, I really appreciate it. I've tried everything to fix it, even going to At@t store with no luck .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

With Calls being rejected could be various things, it could be a carrier feature or an application provided by the carrier that prevents certain calls from coming in.

I know from personal experience, with AT&T they had an application that was on the phone that would prevent certain spam callers, and block callers that were not on your favorites list or what not. 

We also have Smart Call on Samsung phones, you may want to check out this particular setting on the phone to ensure this is not set up incorrectly or active - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088083/

The following may help as well: 

Remove Block

1. From the Edge screen, tap Phone Phone icon.
    Note If unavailable, navigate: Apps > Phone.
    Note These instructions apply to  standard mode only.
  2. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Call.
  5. Tap Call rejection.
  6. Touch and hold the contact.
    Note Selected when a check mark is present.
    Note To select all contacts, tap the checkbox (upper left).
  7. Tap the Delete icon Delete icon (upper-right).
    Note To disable a number on the list without deleting it, uncheck the box next to the desired entry.

Also you can try this to make sure this is off: 

Tap Settings. Tap Call. Tap Call rejection. Tap Auto reject list.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
is this a AT&T phone or unlocked phone. because being on AT&T towers with an unlocked phone or a phone thats not locked to AT&T you receive a lot of miss calls

check the down meter online for AT&T. AT&T has being having a lot of outages over this past year.
0 Likes
usermqeCDbpjZe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Its like only family members and other contacts can call, but anyone else cannot call me
0 Likes
Tracey1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
the same thing is happening to me also
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

With Calls being rejected could be various things, it could be a carrier feature or an application provided by the carrier that prevents certain calls from coming in.

I know from personal experience, with AT&T they had an application that was on the phone that would prevent certain spam callers, and block callers that were not on your favorites list or what not. 

We also have Smart Call on Samsung phones, you may want to check out this particular setting on the phone to ensure this is not set up incorrectly or active - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088083/

The following may help as well: 

Remove Block

1. From the Edge screen, tap Phone Phone icon.
    Note If unavailable, navigate: Apps > Phone.
    Note These instructions apply to  standard mode only.
  2. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Call.
  5. Tap Call rejection.
  6. Touch and hold the contact.
    Note Selected when a check mark is present.
    Note To select all contacts, tap the checkbox (upper left).
  7. Tap the Delete icon Delete icon (upper-right).
    Note To disable a number on the list without deleting it, uncheck the box next to the desired entry.

Also you can try this to make sure this is off: 

Tap Settings. Tap Call. Tap Call rejection. Tap Auto reject list.