JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Do Not Want Grayscale Note10+

(Topic created: 08-10-2024 07:46 AM)
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

A few weeks ago, my phone started going grayscale in the evening. I do NOT want that. A day or so ago, my phone went to grayscale all the time. I want COLOR all the time. I do not know how these unwanted settings came about. I do not play with my settings except to undo mysteriously appearing settings like keyboard language changes. I figure they happen when my phone starts clicking in my pocket, even though I turned it off with the small button on the left side.

Anyway I haven't found a way to undo the grayscale junk in Display or Accessibility, where online sources say I would be able to take care of it. The options  given in the online references simply are not present on my Note10+.

Please help me get color mode back  24/7.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Time for a new phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
jade101
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My galaxy A12 don't do that and it has grayscale option
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go to settings, apps, type in Modes and routines, open it, go to storage, clear Data.
This will also get clear out all Modes and Routines you have setup.

You can also start with just clear cache, then go up to clear data. What is happening your phone for some season is staying in bedtime mode.
0 Likes
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. Under apps, in search, I typed in modes and nothing was found. How do I clear cache/clear data?

Thanks

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You don't see this when you are in Settings, then scroll to apps and type in the search box Modes1723307207892_1723307207887_0.jpg1723307435385_1723307435380_0.jpg
0 Likes
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you.

That's exactly what I did. I got back "No results found."

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try this, power off phone. While phone is off press power button and Volume up button simultaneously and when you feel the vibration let go of buttons and you should be in the bootloader screen. Using the power button for OK and the volume buttons for navigation, scroll down to wipe cache partition, scroll to yes, press power button, reboot.
0 Likes
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks. I tried that just now. It never vibrated or gave me the bootloader screen. Also (separate issue) the ringer quit working this morning, causing me to miss 2 calls. Looks like I have reached end of life for this phone, and a lot has quit working.

0 Likes
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Time for a new phone.
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Considering your phone is over 5 years old now and the issue with grayscale seems to be manifesting, could your phone be nearing its end of life causing it to malfunction?