Original topic:

Do not disturb is on but I'm still getting notifications

(Topic created: 11-29-2023 08:28 PM)
Carwena
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My do not disturb is on but I'm still getting notifications sounds from some of my apps. This just started about 12 hours ago. I've checked all my settings & no sounds should come through but it does. I can't figure out why. 
17 Replies
userpfpiRlQhIj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I had a similar issue but I think I solved it. The sounds I was hearing were system sounds, not app alerts. I turned the volume down for system and DND worked fine.
Hittman_19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I keep getting notified that my DND is on. It happens randomly throughout the night. I turned off all routines and manually turn on DND. Sure enough, got a notification at 555am that my DND was on. Why?
Carwena
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't think we'll ever get a real answer for this. I turn the notification volume down and up according to my needs.
0 Likes
stashkandy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I found that I was still getting Whatsapp notifications during my Work DND mode. I went into the mode itself, and within the section of 'Stay focused' I found that Whatsapp notifications were being allowed! I clicked on that section and removed the notification, and that seems to have fixed the problem. It was honestly driving me nuts and made me miss my old Samsung. Hope that helps.

Carwena
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I checked my modes & routines & I already did. I only had 2 modes & no routines altered, but neither are active. I don't know why it continues to beep in DND. I mean, isn't that the whole point of that function?
0 Likes
userM7fj7IpCuv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This has been a problem for all of my Note phones except the very first model. You'd think it would be a simple fix. I'm usually smart enough to turn all of the volumes off when I go to sleep. But tonight I didn't and I just got another text message at 2300h. So annoying. 

usertYrhCsWT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am having the same issue. My WhatsApp notification comes on when I have DND turned on. It is so annoying because I started putting my phone in DND because that notification sound wakes me up at night. I have done all, checked my setting multiple times, and no app is allowed notification, but still WhatsApp notifications works. It is sad to think that Samsung has not been able to fix this issue. I have to manually turn notification on and off...smh.
Carwena
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You would think that if you have to go through & pick out the things that have permission to break through DND, that would be enough. I don't understand why it's so complicated to fix it.