JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does anyone know of a Samsung supported malware safe ad blocker?

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 06:09 PM)
APhife68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Malware safe ad blocker 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you head to your menu (three lines) within your browser, there will be an add ons option. Select that and find ad blockers. These are all excellent and have worked well for me, although I currently only use a couple. You are able to adjust the settings for them after you install, and all are very safe.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is this for use with Samsung Internet?
0 Likes
APhife68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you head to your menu (three lines) within your browser, there will be an add ons option. Select that and find ad blockers. These are all excellent and have worked well for me, although I currently only use a couple. You are able to adjust the settings for them after you install, and all are very safe.
0 Likes
APhife68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My pleasure! šŸ˜ƒ I really like ABP and Adblock for Samsung Internet btw. If you felt like I answered your question, kindly mark this topic as solved (three dots) by my previous post regarding how to install ad blockers natively in Samsung Internet. This way, the thread will stay active in the Community and can help other Members block those annoying ads as well!
APhife68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok no problem, but I have one more question. Is there an ad blocker for using Google's internet?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There sure is! I use Ad Block Plus and Ublock Origin. Origin is really nice because it allows you to click the top icon in the browser and then select elements it could have missed. It usually never misses any, but some sites have clever ways of disguising advertisments. This works wonders! šŸ™‚

0 Likes
APhife68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is it in the play store?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oh you're still talking about for the phone browser, my mistake, I should have assumed. šŸ˜… I don't believe Chrome for Android supports the installation of extensions. I think they have some settings internally to control some ads though. 

0 Likes