JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ Samsung keyboard not capitalizing the letter "i"

(Topic created: 08-30-2023 06:57 PM)
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since the security update last week My Samsung Keyboard will not make (i) a capitol (I). I have gone to settings keyboard languages. More settings and capitilization is turned on. It does capitialize the first letter in a sentance even after a period. 

Never forget those who gave their lives or are still dying from the WTC. 09-11-01. FDNY-EMS-PAPD-NYPD .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Have you tried installing a prior version of the keyboard app via APK yet? I'm not sure if this would work for the native keyboard. I have used Gboard for many years. 😅 If that isn't an option, kindly head to the Support tab of the Samsung Members app and submit this weird bug as an Error report. Make sure to be as detailed as possible and include your system logs. This way, the Samsung Keyboard devs can look into this issue and possibly offer you a solution.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well this sucks I hope some one at Samsung knows how to fix this. It is a annoying problem

Never forget those who gave their lives or are still dying from the WTC. 09-11-01. FDNY-EMS-PAPD-NYPD .
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the suggestion, but why should I use another keyboard when this one was working properly unti the update.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Have you tried clearing the cache/data of the Samsung Keyboard app yet?
0 Likes
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yep first just the cache. Then I tried data. Then I did both at the same time. I even put it back to default settings. It use to be a small (i) if you weren't using swipe. Until you hit the space bar and then it became a capitol (I). That doesn't work either. If you used swipe it would automatically become a capitol (I) when you went to swipe for the next word. That doesn't work either. But if you put a period or start a new sentence it will automatically change the first letter to a capitol. It doesn't capitalize in Messenger, Word, Adobe or any apps that I use the keyboard for. Even in Google search it would automatically capitalize, but it doesn't do it anymore.
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Have you tried installing a prior version of the keyboard app via APK yet? I'm not sure if this would work for the native keyboard. I have used Gboard for many years. 😅 If that isn't an option, kindly head to the Support tab of the Samsung Members app and submit this weird bug as an Error report. Make sure to be as detailed as possible and include your system logs. This way, the Samsung Keyboard devs can look into this issue and possibly offer you a solution.
0 Likes
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
OK if I can't get it to work I'll go to support tab and do that. I'm not sure how to include system logs. Where to find them and i guess send has a screen shot. Or do i copy and paste them into the message?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There will be an option to include them when you submit the error report. 🙂
0 Likes
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Excellent thanks
LRRP69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Android security patch level from August 1st though I didnt do it till last week

0 Likes