Original topic:

Note 20 has plenty of storage and SD card, why upgrade?

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Techhy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Note 20 Ultra 512gb I have used up 118.2 out of 512GB.

SD Card1 Terabyte. I have 959.59 GB free

It feels as though I have enough storage for 4 people.

12 GB of RAM

I am struggling to understand when it would be time to upgrade to a newer Model of Phone.

Any thoughts on the fact the Note 20 U. has an SD Card capability?

If you buy an S24 Ultra, let's say, whatever variant you buy, 512 or 1 terabytes, that the amount of Storage you have for the life of the Phone, correct?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks 

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can use your device as long as it works and your important apps work. If you do online banking, some of the bank apps may decline to work for lack of security updates, so you'd be good as long as you are still receiving those. Sone apps updates may not be backward compatible, but that would depend on if you use any of the apps. Slso would depend on whether something in a new device piques your fancy.

Also, don't let the phone imps hear you thinking about your phone being in great shape, that's when they hex It to die.
0 Likes
Techhy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Very poignant reply Realaud. Shakespeare could not have put it better.
Shall I compare thee, Note 20 Ultra
To a Summer's Day?
To upgrade,or not to, that is the question
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well, I do recommend that you now do a complete backup of your device via Smart Switch to an external medium so if anything happens to your device before you decide to upgrade, you will at least have that and will be able to transfer it to a new device.

0 Likes
aginglearner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I still daily my Note 9! Phones these days can easily have life spans of 10 to 15 years depending on your needs as a user.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ttue, any phone (almost) can still be usable, if all you want is a phone and basic web surfing and basic apps. Some app will simply refuse to work on older phones, because of security issues, and if the mobile band is no longer supported by your carrier, you will then need to upgrade.
ToeJeaux
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you get the latest update? I too have a Note 20 ultra 5g. The latest update I see I have is 5.1 UI. My phone was fine until the update I received sometime in June.
0 Likes