Original topic:

The 85 percent Battery Protection toggle

(Topic created: Sunday)
TigerTanaka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Folks.  Note 20 Ultra.  Just got a Like New device.
It almost does operate like new.
One issue after 4 years on my old one was battery drain.
Is the 85 percent charge limit toggle in Settings worth the aggravation of not having 100 percent charge once off the charger?

Please let me know. 
7 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Personally I think it's a option over function some pros and cons but shouldn't make a huge difference
0 Likes
Ryan2401
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So it is worth it but here's how I get around that aggravation. I use modes and routines to set a schedule that when I go to bed at night, it turns on the 85% charge limit. Then I configured it to turn off about an hour before I get up, so just around the time my alarm rings, my phone is full. This avoids the aggravation of not staring the day on 100% but also keeps your battery in good health because it didn't sit on 100% the entire night.
Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Alien3171008
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Awesome, I set mine to do the same, just at a lower %
0 Likes
TigerTanaka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Wow. Very clever
0 Likes
TigerTanaka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Can you guide me through that as if I know nothing about phones
0 Likes
TigerTanaka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
For Example:

Step 1. Go to Settings
2. Modes and Routines
0 Likes
Ryan2401
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Of course.
1. open modes and routines, it is an app on your phone.
2. Select "Sleep" and it should bring you to a configuration page.
3. The first thing you set up is when does it turn on/off. This can be done in sync with your wake up alarms, or just a general time period, whatever you prefer.
4. Now scroll down to see the configuration for what this routine does. You can add multiple things if you prefer but in the other actions tab, you can find the "Protect Battery" setting in there. Select it. You may add other things to it like lowering screen brightness or turning on do not disturb.
5. You should be all set, the protect battery will turn on now for what time you set it up for. You can always go back to the same page and add other actions in the future.
0 Likes