Original topic:

Why did Samsung quit making phones with removable batteries

(Topic created: a week ago)
xxxwuzxxx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why on earth did you quit making phones with removable batteries I loved the old note when it had a removable battery and all phones should have an SD card slot plus a phone jack lol ..... call me old school but all of those are very handy !! Lol 

6 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Waterproofing!
xxxwuzxxx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well I would give up waterproofing for those options I have rice ....but in all reality once you take it to get something repaired it's not waterproof anymore anyway or you drop it and the back cracks  ect... if you want waterproof your best bet is a real good phone case or a waterproof bag or keep ur phone away lol 

ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't care how much they say its water resistant, I am not taking my phone swimming with me lol
Shortchanged
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You wouldn't have to give up waterproofing. There are literally 1000'S upon thousands of electronics that are waterproof, and the battery can still be removed. The reason they don't allow you to remove the battery is so they can track you. Using a special, very low power mode.
Shortchanged
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Do you have any Idea how many products are made that are waterproof and the batteries can still be removed.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Aside from it being very difficult to get an ip68 water resistance rating with a removable cover (most devices with a removable back have an ip67 rating), a few years ago everyone decided phones should be premium, so we got fancy glass and metal sandwich phones which can't have easily removed backs.
0 Likes