Original topic:

Step counting issue while wearing Galaxy Watch 7+Ring

(Topic created: yesterday)
userPF5RdudY1d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Ring
I've got the GW7 and the Ring and prefer to wear them in opposite arms so that if I have one hand arm rigid while walking, it does not miss steps. I am aware that to save Ring battery (or perhaps to avoid issues with the metrics in Samsung health) some ring sensors shut off. However, what I am experiencing is that it seems that "all" the Ring sensors shut off. The ring does not count steps while I wear the watch. I take the watch off and then the ring starts counting steps (and the sensors' lights come on). I do not know if I got a defective unit, it is a software bug or what but I do not see the point of keeping the ring if it shuts off all the sensors if I am wearing the watch.
I did try restarting the watch an my phone (sqmsung as well) but it did nothing.
If you know how to fix the issue please le me know.
Thanks!
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Ring
That's how it's suppose to work it will only measure from the one giving it the most accurate reading it will shut off HR and steps if it's getting better results from the watch and once you take the watch off the ring will turn back on since it's not getting measurements from the watch anymore

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userPF5RdudY1d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Ring
Accurate readings? I am not moving the arm that has the watch so the watch is not counting steps nor is the ring because it is off.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Ring
It's probably still getting your HR and still counting steps I can hold my arm still and walk and it still counts steps.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userPF5RdudY1d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Ring
Unfortunately it does not. I have tested many times counting the steps (100 at a time) and steps do not move in S. health unless I take the GW7 off. Just move one arm or the other, The GW7 counts the ring does not. If yours does, I would think mine is defective. I thought well I can wear only the ring while sleeping, but if I do not wear the watch I do not get the AGEs index. So I am thinking in returning it as I do not need a brief activity tracker for when I am charging my watch...
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Ring
That's basically what the ring is for. If you have a watch is to keep track of your data when not wearing the watch

0 Likes
userPF5RdudY1d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Ring
That certainly does not cut it for me. The function of the devices shuld be enhanced when worn together otherwise I would just just wear one while buy a GW6 save $200 and use it while charging the other. Thanks for taking the time to answer me and confirming. It helped me make a decision.
0 Likes