JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery enlarged/swelling

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 11:26 PM)
usernUhV83HLTO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, have a question if it's even worth replacing the battery. Had a samsung galaxy s9 stored away for a few years. Went to use it an noticed whole back cover was lifted off. An looked online mostly stating battery swelling. If the battery is replaced will the device work like normal. Or would there be issues with battery effecting the hardware. Tried charging it for half hour an just lit white icon. Removed the screws to remove battery. Pretty simple just seeing if anyone has tried this successfully. 

1000001686.jpg

 

1000001687.jpg

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team, or you can send a private message to a moderator and we can set up a call back for you.

When encountering a swollen battery:

Discontinue using the device immediately

Do not attempt to charge or use the device

Do not handle a damaged/leaking battery

Do not let battery fluid come in contact with eyes, skin, or clothing

View solution in context

3 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A couple months ago or late last year, there has been a whole trend of samsung batteries swelling for old phones that have been kept in storage for a while. A battery change will definitely fix it, though I dont know if there are replacement batterjes that havent swelled yet or is available.
usernUhV83HLTO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you! I'll get one an see if the phones at least usable. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team, or you can send a private message to a moderator and we can set up a call back for you.

When encountering a swollen battery:

Discontinue using the device immediately

Do not attempt to charge or use the device

Do not handle a damaged/leaking battery

Do not let battery fluid come in contact with eyes, skin, or clothing