Original topic:

Biometrics

(Topic created: Friday)
Ronniegirl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I need to unlock my phone on the back lie the S9. That was the last time I was able to open my phone effortlessly first attempt. I'm tired and so annoyed with having to use my finger over and over for it not to work then I have to use my pin. And face recognition doesn't always work because I wear glasses. I am fed up.
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey, Samsung uses your iris to identify your face while Apple uses a render of your facial structure. Your phone I'm sorry to say this and not hurt your feelings... is an old junkie phone. You could probably try cleaning your finger before using the sensor or wipe of the sweat or clean the fingerprint sensor.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Which phone are you using now?  I loved, loved, loved the back electronic fingerprint scanner as it allowed for one hand operation, not hold the phone in one hand while putting the finger on your other hand on the scanner.

The on-screen scanner works well for me, even if I don't really like it as much.  In most instances of it not recognizing the print, it's usually the finger is placed at a different angle than when the print was captured, when the print was captured, you did not capture enough angles of the print, the screen has some grease or skin oil on the scanner, or the finger placement is slight off the scanner image.  

You might try rescanning your fingerprint to improve the accuracy, scanning more than one finger (or having more prints of the same finger).  You get three impressions, and you can rename each one (instead of print 1, print2, print 3), so you remember which finger each on is.  I use all three and, at least one is a "non-traditional" finger (not the index or thumb). I personally think they should allow 4, but I understand the reasoning behind limiting the number.  I also use one finger from each hand, as I use a different finger when the phone is on a surface than when I am holding it.

0 Likes