JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My 5s has lost the biometric code

(Topic created: 05-23-2021 08:05 PM)
userNZTjg73CwT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have to hold the down volume button power button and the bottom button but I don't understand about going to the website to get it fixed I made the mistake of plugging it into my computer now I'm getting a green screen on my computer saying code badcaller it says to go to windows.com/stop code how do I fix my Hp Envy computer first then how do I reset the phone please help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. You can try resetting the phone using the following instructions. If you are still unable to recover the phone, service would be needed. To set up service in the U.S. you are welcome to take the phone to any authorized service center, such as uBreakiFix, https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung, or call 1-800-786-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use the following link to contact customer support for your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Homekey.
  4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key several timeskey to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Regretfully, we are unable to provide any troubleshooting for the HP Envy computer. You will need to reach out to HP for assistance for the computer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand how frustrating this is. You can try resetting the phone using the following instructions. If you are still unable to recover the phone, service would be needed. To set up service in the U.S. you are welcome to take the phone to any authorized service center, such as uBreakiFix, https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung, or call 1-800-786-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use the following link to contact customer support for your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Homekey.
  4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key several timeskey to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Regretfully, we are unable to provide any troubleshooting for the HP Envy computer. You will need to reach out to HP for assistance for the computer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.