JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cloud Documents being deleted on 7/3/2023

(Topic created: 06-18-2023 05:10 AM)
jbugged
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm receiving this notice on my phone--does this mean my Galaxy S8 is too old and I need to buy a newer phone? Please HELP as I am running out of time. Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, I think it just means that those documents that you have stored in the (Samsung) cloud will be deleted soon and, if you want to keep them, you need to copy or move them to another device storage or cloud service. Samsung Cloud is closing down. Your phone, in all other aspects, should continue to work just fine, so, no, you don't need a new phone.

That said, the S8 is six years old and is no longer receiving security updates. It may be time to consider upgrading.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, I think it just means that those documents that you have stored in the (Samsung) cloud will be deleted soon and, if you want to keep them, you need to copy or move them to another device storage or cloud service. Samsung Cloud is closing down. Your phone, in all other aspects, should continue to work just fine, so, no, you don't need a new phone.

That said, the S8 is six years old and is no longer receiving security updates. It may be time to consider upgrading.
jbugged
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you
0 Likes
nc0i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Wow that sounds easy. How do you do it?
Valkyrie1954
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I  off Samsung cloud tech wiped out all of my zip files that I kepted for my software program and my data from my internal files. 

0 Likes