1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you attempted to reach out to a local Samsung experience shop or visit your carrier's physical location? They may be able to perform a software reflash if you're still having issues and the steps above didn't help. 

If you have the reflash and the issues persist, the only other option would be to submit an error report in the Samsung members application. 

How to Report Errors using Samsung Members Application:

1. Launch the Samsung Members app.

2. Tap on "Get help." Scroll down the screen and select Error Reports

3. Choose a category 

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in "Details"

5. Change the frequency to Whatever You Prefer

6. You'll Get a Response Notification Shortly From Samsung

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, albiekOH330, I am sorry to hear about extra dim not working and sleep screen being messed up. I can certainly understand the inconvenience when you are utilizing those functions regularly. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the sleep screen being messed up but also having additional features?

For the extra dim feature not working, you can try Safe Mode to see if a there is a third-party application causing this behavior, using this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

If the behavior persists under Safe Mode, then you can try clearing your device's cache partition, which can smooth out device behavior, using these steps:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, you can attempt to factory reset. Follow the guide carefully, especially on the backing up files portion, to not permanently lose everything when doing this: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

0 Likes
albiekOH330
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks but it didn't help.

I'm almost sure that the OTA upgrade to Android 13 and UI 5 did not set up correctly.

(I did a reset and did not restore the data if the issue was in there)

The OTA had 1 security update a few days after Android 13 (Jan 4).

I cannot contact Boost Mobile to send out another OTA as their Customer Service (phone and web has been down for over 2 weeks.

Since the OTA, I've also have

A. Fast charging for 5 seconds and back to charging

B. Phone link (Link to Windows) [Calls] on the computer side. "Have you already set a phone up with another app? If it is, unpair from the app, then try again." 

No other app was connected.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you attempted to reach out to a local Samsung experience shop or visit your carrier's physical location? They may be able to perform a software reflash if you're still having issues and the steps above didn't help. 

If you have the reflash and the issues persist, the only other option would be to submit an error report in the Samsung members application. 

How to Report Errors using Samsung Members Application:

1. Launch the Samsung Members app.

2. Tap on "Get help." Scroll down the screen and select Error Reports

3. Choose a category 

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in "Details"

5. Change the frequency to Whatever You Prefer

6. You'll Get a Response Notification Shortly From Samsung