Original topic:

Feature Request: S Pen Upgrade Idea (custom gestures)

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 08:06 PM)
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Samsung & Users,

Could you potentially add a custom gesture in the S pen so we can unlock the phone remotely with the pen, or another miscellaneous task? Not an important idea but that'd be very convenient since sometimes I bring my s pen when I get up and when I come back, I can already have the phone unlocked for me when I sit down.

Not a too important either but what if you make the S pen out of a higher material like a magnesium alloy? Keeps it light but it feels more premium and durable than plastic.
9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That a great idea but would be kinda hard considering they would need to add a larger battery and add a fingerprint sensor the spen would be too large to fix inside the phone

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
True, then maybe a gesture instead to unlock the phone? A custom one that only the user knows.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That'll make the spen more expensive and would use more battery. Accelerometers that small are extremely expensive.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not to mention the capacitor in the pen wouldn't have enough power for it.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For a simple assignable gesture? I doubt that but whatever you think I guess
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. How will the pen or the phone know what that gesture is? It has no bearing of the relationship of the pen in space.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It does? Air gestures. OR, make an already SET air gesture and just make that ONE gesture do a certain task. It's not as complicated as your making it really
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sounds like a great way to open a monstrous security vulnerability every time you have your spen out. Someone could potentially unlock your phone by waving around an s-pen.
0 Likes
JordanMAX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's fair. Wish you could hold it a specific way or something but I just wanted an improvement to the S pen after 3+ years.
0 Likes