JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Finding deleted duckduckgo app data

(Topic created: 04-23-2024 02:10 PM)
Sevenp240
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I accidentally deleted my data for the duckduckgo app. I have he latest version of “my files” and another file explorer but I'm unable to find where the “trash” is, I've checked the settings but no go.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

no.  once you clear data from with the phone storage settings, it's gone.  There is no trash.  Some apps have trash (like photos, notes, file manager) but once you clear an apps data, it's gone.

View solution in context

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you deleted it from inside Duckduckgo or from that app's info screen, the data will not be in trash.
0 Likes
Sevenp240
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I deleted it from the app info screen “clear data”. It's still gotta be on there somewhere no?

Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

no.  once you clear data from with the phone storage settings, it's gone.  There is no trash.  Some apps have trash (like photos, notes, file manager) but once you clear an apps data, it's gone.

Sevenp240
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Serious? Like even if I hooked it up to my linux computer?

What about a cache of just my tabs?

Also why is the trash option gone?

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I thought duck duck go didn't keep data. Are you referring to your search history? I eould think that if you use DDG on your conputer and sync your data, there is a small chance your data us still in your computers web browser. However, if the app is synced, thetes an equal chance it's also gone. Apps like that have no trash. Its a privacy thing, like deleting your location history in Google Maps.
Sevenp240
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I have them synced on my pc, any idea where it could be?

DDG does have a folder I think, I read there is a com.duck* folder.

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

even if there if there is a com.duck* folder, a) it's probably empty because you deleted the data or b) it's not user readable.  Apps like these (especially DDG, who specifically say they value your privacy, don't have recoverable trash.  It's a privacy issue for YOUR protection.  Any issues with the app or to try to recover what you deleted, you would have to take up with the app developers, as this is not a Samsung issue.

Let's say if you delete your search history in an app like Google, or your location data, or any of the myriad of data Google collects, it is unrecoverable for your privacy. Not sure whether or not it will still exist on a server somewhere for law enforcement, but that's another issue.  If you deleted the data through the DDG app, perhaps you ignored a warning that it could not be undone?  

0 Likes