JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

(Topic created: 08-01-2019 05:36 AM)
NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

62 Replies
userDd8n6th5LG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked!  What a crappy problem and hard to track down this solution.  Really glad you all figured it out and I was able to find it.

0 Likes
userbS9cbT7bL7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried this. Unfortunately did not work. S10e bluetooth continiously disconnects from home bluetooth speakers (ue boom) and car audio (cadillac cue). Had no issues with my S7. When I called samsung support, he claimed Samsung was unaware of any bluetooth issues. Huh?

userBy3teIqKlU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also have the S10+ also.  The Spotify solution gave me an idea that actually seemed to work.  Try this...

1.  Go to Settings,  in search, type in Optimize battery usage 

2.  Select Optimize battery usage-should be at the top of the selection.

3.  Select ALL to see all of your apps

3. Scroll all the down to to the P's to find "Phone". You may see 4 apps listed for Phone like I did.

4.  Toggle all phones apps to the off position.  

Now test to see if that works.  Good Luck!!!:

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That May have worked.  I remained connected on two 10-minute trips today. 

One thing to note, once I switched Bluetooth to phone calls (after removing the phone apps from optimization) my phone disconnected from the car immediately.  There was a confirmation for the phone accessing messages, to which I tapped, "ok."  When I went in to the toggles in the Bluetooth on the phone Phone Calls and Contact Access were toggled on, Audio and Message access were toggled off.  I toggled Audio and Message access back on, reconnected to the car, and remained connected.

I should have thought of this solution to begin with!  I didn't realize there were several apps related to the phone so it didn't even dawn on me, but still I feel like this is something I should have noticed.  Thank you x 100!  Here's to hoping it's not a fluke.  😄

0 Likes
userBy3teIqKlU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also try

1. Settings

2. Search for Optimize battery usage 

3.  Select Optimize battery usage 

4.  Select All to view all apps on phone

5. Scroll down to Phone and toggle to  OFF position.  

This worked for me with my Mazda CX5 and Galaxy 10S+

usern10qBlE74g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried this solution,  so far it is working.  

0 Likes
Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
userBy3teIqKlU

Re: Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

Also try

1. Settings
2. Search for Optimize battery usage
3. Select Optimize battery usage
4. Select All to view all apps on phone
5. Scroll down to Phone and toggle to OFF position.

This worked for me with my Mazda CX5 and Galaxy 10S+

This seems to have worked on my Jaguar XF 25t as well. 2 successful 10-minute trips with no disconnects. I've been through Samsung, Best Buy (Verizon referred us there), Verizon, UGiveWeBreak, Jaguar, and Verizon again. I spent hours with the folks who should be able to fix this yet no one had answers, and no one grasped the concept that audio connected and held, connecting to calls caused it to drop.  Everyone, even Jaguar, said it was the car's fault. After Jaguar updated the vehicle, though, it was Samsung's fault and it was suggested I should have gotten an iPhone.  Owning a hoity toity car does not shield one from sarcasm and useless feedback, fyi.  Back to Verizon to get an iPhone (I've had it!) and they won't do the exchange, despite the product not working and none of them being able to remedy it. Smiley Frustrated Along comes @userBy3teIqKlU with a quick post and life is already better.

There were 3 phone apps for me to turn off so now I can play with which, if any, of those I can put back on to optimization.

0 Likes
Members_25YP2Ak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this issue with Samsung music, youtube,and youtube music. Should I turn those off as well?

0 Likes
AlexiD12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue, 2018 FPace, I had no problems with my S8+, but with S10+ it won't stay connected. Bluetooth on car keeps turning off and on. When I turn phones Bluetooth off, it stays on. I'm about to bring the car in for service but I have no problems with any other devices so I suspect they will blame the phone. I tried network reset on phone, repaired several times, put phone in high performance mode. No difference. Phone is unusable in car at this point.
0 Likes
userzAQBIyjqXc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do we get Samsung to acknowlege this?  I've contacted support and they claim it's my car, regardless of the fact that my iPhone works fine and so does the Pixel 3 XL -- and also this thread now where others are having this same problem.

Anyone have any contacts with the different Android sites, maybe we could get some publicity around this and Samsung will take notice?