JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S9+ software running like it's in slow motion, literally

(Topic created: 11-06-2021 06:14 AM)
userFBmCcntODn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone, my apps, my notifications, my quick panel, all of it still works, and it's not freezing or lagging at all, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do with no lag, but it's as if it's running at 0.25x speed. I haven't even begun to find out the issue with my phone because I can't find any similar cases on google, but as of writing this, my brother with a Galaxy S10E, and I, with my Galaxy S9+ are having the exact same issue, but my other brother with a Galaxy S9 is having no issues. I've already restarted and powered my phone on and off multiple times. I tried running a graphics test in the boot settings, and even wiped cache partitions. I opened the phone in safe mode, I closed all my apps, I closed background apps, I cleared space for the ram, I put power saving mode on and off, none of it has worked.

Here's a screen recording of my phone in real-time.

This gif is not slowed down, this is how my phone is operating in real time.This gif is not slowed down, this is how my phone is operating in real time.

What do I do to fix this?

0 Likes
16 Replies
Members_7EdvSYo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having this problem...I know the phone is old, but still...but I have no developer option in my settings.  I even searched for it and am not finding it.  I also searched for animation and couldn't access anything.

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you haven't already done this:

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... check if any improvements
0 Likes
userFBmCcntODn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thankfully I found a solution, so this wasn't needed, thank you for your help!

0 Likes
thefon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What solution?what solution?
0 Likes
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try to flashback the Software... by resetting to the factory.. don't forget to back up your data first..
0 Likes
userFBmCcntODn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Luckily I didn't need to reset anything. I found a much easier solution. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
thefon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What solution?
0 Likes