JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery app - cannot rewind videos after latest update.

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 01:57 AM)
userr75WP8twb6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there

Within the last couple of days here past Easter '21 I recieved a software update on my Samsung Galaxy S10e. After the update I cannot rewind my recorded videos in the Samsung Galllery app. Rewinding self-recorded videos is something I and my family has done for almost every video until now, i.e. using the rewind-bar heavily.

But now it plays my videos just like a pale head Instagram-app! 

How do I get the rewind-bar back, Samsung?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try vlc.
0 Likes
userr75WP8twb6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, I've been using VLC for years.

But quite inconvenient when glancing/swapping quickly through between pictures and videos in the Gallery.

Ofcourse you can mark for each video and go into settings via the three dots and choose to play in another videoplayer.

But this is a major setback by Samsung. In fact fully comparable with Microsofts dropping of the Windows media gallery with similar smooth functionality where you could just browse chronological through and open media with one and same program (still cannot fathom why Microsoft dropped it by then).

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userkT3jBdUP4L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem. And Samsung is not responding to fix this 😞

0 Likes
userU8xrRLodZJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

👆👆👆 I agree!! It stinks! Like MEGA bad. It's so frustrating. The new style does not work well at all.

I came on here to see if they can give us the option to to get the old one back. At least in settings or something. 

0 Likes
userv06nUqai1n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What an absolute moronic change to make to remove the ability to forward and rewind video in Gallery mode. Who the world wants to press 3 dots option and then pick "Play in Video Player" Option. They made something that was convenient and user friendly to use into something inconvenient and non user friendly. It's almost like they want people to ditch their Gallery App and find a better alternative. I thoroughly regret installing the update now. I hope they sort this out asap. This is up there with when in Goodlock they stopped one of the Edge Lighting Modules working with the One UI update. That was about 5 months ago and they still haven't fixed that either....

Trini03
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here, I have kids! The functionality to rewind and fast foward videos is a must have. What were the Samsung gurus thinking when they came up with this 'upgrade'?! 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.