Original topic:

HEVC compatibility

(Topic created: 04-24-2019 10:10 AM)
userR5BiwDfqYp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Trying to download videos to my S10 Plus from GoPro Hero 7 black using the Go Pro app. Does S10+ allow HEVC downloads? I don't even know what HEVC is--maybe a special format. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @userR5BiwDfqYp, I hope your day is going well.

HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Coding.

To answer your question, yes the Galaxy S10 series will allow you to download and view HEVC videos. Natively, our camera app allows to film in HEVC as well (Camera app>Settings>Advanced recording options>High Efficiency Video.)

I hope that I was able to answer your question effectively and everything is now resolved.

I hope you have yourself a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @userR5BiwDfqYp, I hope your day is going well.

HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Coding.

To answer your question, yes the Galaxy S10 series will allow you to download and view HEVC videos. Natively, our camera app allows to film in HEVC as well (Camera app>Settings>Advanced recording options>High Efficiency Video.)

I hope that I was able to answer your question effectively and everything is now resolved.

I hope you have yourself a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.