Original topic:

S20 5G not compatible to run 5G

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 05:51 AM)
Jayc420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why is it that you Samsung sokd the 20 5g phones to koodo and displaying them as 5g.. when u guys know your self that s20 5g is not compatible with koodo to run 5g network on the device due to a firmware issue..  yet koodo is selling their customers  these phones, and the customer is unaware of the issue even tho koodo also knows.  I upgraded to this phone cause I really liked the fact it had 5g, and tbh it's a sharp phone. It's a really good phone. I think that it lost popularity i think u guys caught the 5g issue with public mobile and koodo and instead of fixing it, it was cheaper to discontinue and work on the newer software for the tech and phones u guys already have just waiting for the year to release it.. like common I pay for a **bleep** 5g plan cause I have to have that plan only option available with this phone .. so what I got a phone that not only doesn't support 5g on the koodo netwok and Samsung and koodo are both well aware of this yet koodo does not inform u that the phone is not 5g compatible with their  network and when u call and complain they just well let's see if we can migrate you too Telus.. now let's have some fun here cause that's what they tried doing to me.. yet because I got this phone on a tab via koodo online and all telus wants me to pay off the tab bonus koodo gave me to get the phone telus wanted $400 and I still had $140 left to pay of the tab.. I think all together i was looking at around 600 to migrate over and there plans start at i think was $65- $70 and is a joke compared to what i get with koodo $55 plan. Telus can pound sand imo.. called Samsung and koodo both and I got the same answer pretty much THEY DO NOT CARE. To the point the koodo rep told me when I explained the problem she was like this is the fislrst time I hear of this please explain . Not even 8 mins into the convo this highly intelligent person had the nerve to try and then say well I make sure I tell all my customers before purchasing this phone.  I hung up. I straight hung up, click , . yet im paying more for my account and not getting the services I was promised to be intiteled 2. Samsung ur a scam artist through and through.. I mean I got a Samsung TV from 2008 still kicking nice sharp image .. how many of u can say u still have ur new Samsung TV 2 yrs later .. what happen to you guys?

3 Replies
skelathor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung provides a product not a service
0 Likes
sheaniel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
🤣 I purchased a brand new Samsung TV back in 3/21 on 11/22. My TV went black. I purchased my A13 Samsung phone on 7/22. My selfie camera stop working 10/23, and now my messages app stops working on 5/24. No more Samsung for me. LG here I come.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes