JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hands-free in car disables phone

(Topic created: 06-17-2023 02:25 AM)
MellishR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I posted about this a while ago in the S20 section but the only response was from someone else with the same problem. I can't now get back to to that thread: it tells me "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

The problem is that when my phone is connected to the hands-free in my car, although it works fine for incoming and outgoing calls, the phone itself tells me there's no service, so I can't use the keypad to (for example) enter details when paying for parking, or browse the web (obviously when safely parked). I have to switch off the car and walk away from it, to force the phone to disconnect from the car and function on its own.

It used not to be like this. I think it's only since something happened to cause the bluetooth pairing to be lost and the dealer got it working again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MellishR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I wanted to try Drive mode setting when I was in the car, so I could see whether that would solve the problem, but until now whenever I have been in my car I have been going somewhere. I have finally sat in the car and played with the settings. They seem to be concerned with what the phone is or is not allowed to do when it is connected to the car, but I can't find anything about being able to use the phone other than through the car's system.

HOWEVER, when the phone connects to the car it says "Remote SIM mode" and that has finally led me to the solution. I Googled that and found that I needed to turn that off in the phone's settings.

I can now consult Google Maps on my phone when in my car (and parked, obviously).

View solution in context

4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Check your settings for 'Drive' mode in Mode and Routines.
0 Likes
MellishR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. I'll try that when I'm next using my car.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can check those settings at any time.
0 Likes
Solution
MellishR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I wanted to try Drive mode setting when I was in the car, so I could see whether that would solve the problem, but until now whenever I have been in my car I have been going somewhere. I have finally sat in the car and played with the settings. They seem to be concerned with what the phone is or is not allowed to do when it is connected to the car, but I can't find anything about being able to use the phone other than through the car's system.

HOWEVER, when the phone connects to the car it says "Remote SIM mode" and that has finally led me to the solution. I Googled that and found that I needed to turn that off in the phone's settings.

I can now consult Google Maps on my phone when in my car (and parked, obviously).