JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard bricked Galaxy S7

(Topic created: yesterday)
TechieK
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 lying around and it's not working, from what I heard, it is "hard bricked" which means that it's not working and just showing a black screen. Tried charging it, no sign. It was because I installed a app, and it started going weird as it froze, and I had to force it to shut down. It worked the next time, but froze again. Tried booting it in Safe mode, but it still froze. I want to get it working again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't know of many if any ar all apps that would be working on a s7 it would tell you the requirements I'm the about app

View solution in context

14 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Whatever you download that caused it would need to be removed beyond a factory reset not sure
TechieK
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was a Google app and even though it was compatible with my phone, maybe Google pushed out an update that made it not be supported on my S7. Not sure either.
Solution
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't know of many if any ar all apps that would be working on a s7 it would tell you the requirements I'm the about app
TechieK
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Play Store says what the app is compatible with in the description. I don't know why my phone went weird after the installation.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What was the app
TechieK
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was for Google's not so new anymore AI app named Gemini.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't believe Gemini would be compatible on the s7
TechieK
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
True! Don't know why it was compatible for Android 8.0 at that time.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Android 10 and up