JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home and back button need to stay on

(Topic created: 04-04-2018 05:40 PM)
userlXH0v8HlGX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'd really love to know if there's a way to make the home and more specifically the BACK button to stay on all the time. I cannot stand having to drag up twice to get back to my text messages when I'm in one already. The back button is my go to argument against iPhones..... please please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Pete_in_OC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After latest android update, this solution no longer works 

0 Likes
Pete_in_OC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After latest android update, this solution no longer works 

0 Likes
userhuiAA1ahZa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks,  it helped me. 

0 Likes
userUZJiqEfD99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks... This really irritated me on my Note 9. Now I really love my phone. 

0 Likes
user652Yl570h3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This was incredibly helpful. I was constantly turning off the buttons on the bottom before I read this. I don't know how I missed this!

0 Likes
Shayna G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THANK YOU! This was very helpful. Exactly what I was wanting to do. 

0 Likes
usergTM2e4ubLR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked just as you said. Thanks!

0 Likes
userebKrFac8NH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Great, easy fix! Thank you!!!
0 Likes
usergg0cRtDcD6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't know if anyone else has had this NOT work for them, but I like my navigation bar to always be visible and had it set as such. Today it started hiding itself on my homescreen. I've tried rebooting and double checking all of the setting to make sure nothing got changed there. I've tried changing the toggle on the show/hide option to on and then back off again. I've double checked the little dot by double tapping it to keep it on as well. It is ONLY on my home screen that the navigation bar disappears now. 

Anyone else had this issue and/or a way to correct it???

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can customize the navigation bar settings in your display settings to ensure the menu stays on the screen for convince.

However, we recommend testing this in safe mode to ensure the feature is working properly with the standard Samsung applications. 

Once you have confirmed that the feature has no issue in safe mode, We would recommend testing your third party applications to ensure the same.

If you continue to experience the issue when the device is out of safe mode, We recommend reaching out to the application developers in which the navigation bar is not showing all the time.

Hope this finds you well, and let us know how this works for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes