JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can i retrieve a deleted lock screen video? SG8+

(Topic created: 07-28-2022 03:02 AM)
userGZj22Q6Rvb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ What the title says basically, for context, my cat passed away 2 days ago, i have a video as lock screen where she was a baby, some years ago i deleted the video by mistake, at the moment i wasnt worried because i had it as my lock screen, for obvious reasons now i want to move that video to every device i have, the video is still there on my lockscreen.

I tried 3 apps to retrieve the video but they only work with images.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userGZj22Q6Rvb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

In case anyone has the same problem as i did, seems like Samsung has no way to recover any lock screen video wallpaper, i had to work a way with an app to record my cellphone, the majority of apps just stop recording when you are at the lock screen, the only one i found that actually records it is Easy Screen Recorder, so i have now the exact same video, thanks  to everyone who answered and thank you so much for your condolences

View solution in context

4 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you used smart switch to your new phone it might transfer. That's the only way I can think of, sorry.
0 Likes
KevInfo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe check some folders in the my files app. So sorry for your loss!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just lost my dog this past week. So I'm sorry for your loss.

I had accidentally deleted some photos of my dog, thinking that I removing them from my phone and not the cloud as well. But later, found that they had been backuped by Amazon Photos, that I'd forgotten that I'd turned on. You may wish to look in Google Photos as well, if you've ever used that.

You may want to look in the 'trash' of the app you deleted the file from.
0 Likes
Solution
userGZj22Q6Rvb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

In case anyone has the same problem as i did, seems like Samsung has no way to recover any lock screen video wallpaper, i had to work a way with an app to record my cellphone, the majority of apps just stop recording when you are at the lock screen, the only one i found that actually records it is Easy Screen Recorder, so i have now the exact same video, thanks  to everyone who answered and thank you so much for your condolences