Original topic:

How come some apps or every app does not respect/honor permissions?

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 03:09 PM)
Omar86
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
S10 user with Android 12...... How come some apps could care less what permissions you deny them cause they still go and use those deny permissions and some apps don't even have certain dangerous permissions yet they use them for example access to file media.... like shortcutbnr it does not even show any dangerous permissions and in the 3 dots to show all its blank.? 

6 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe it's because your phone is over 5 years old and is currently using an Android version that is at least two generations old, soon to be three generations old.
0 Likes
Omar86
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yea that's what I was thinking since they don't offer any latest security updates.
0 Likes
Franktfixer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's lost cause pal get yourself a new phone.
0 Likes
Omar86
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes this phone is def lost cause.... that's what I get for trusting ppl with my network
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Because some apps require certain permissions for them to function.  Those look like system apps by the icon and would require certain permissions regardless of what you set. I'm actually surprised they didn't disable the sliders.  Must be because of the older Android version. 

0 Likes
Omar86
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I understand that but I had deleted cmh with older androids and the gallery would not work. On this one if I delete it thru adb gallery works..... if it requires other apps to work then those apps should not be able to work just like how the gallery was once..... some of these apps do not even show the dangerous permission so even if it's an android system app it would show it but it would not let you decline it would or should grey.
0 Likes