JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to get rid of malware from downloading some games?

(Topic created: 04-02-2023 08:15 PM)
skydiver
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I downloaded some games from the play store and now I am being bombarded with pop up ads in the middle of phone calls and while I'm texting. 3 times during this text. What to do? I already Uninstaller all the games and the play store and now it has really gone berserk. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@skydiver The quickest way to get rid of them would be to factory reset your phone. Be sure to backup any files or photos you want to keep before you do that. 

Alternatively, you could use Samsung's NotiStar and NiceCatch to determine exactly where those pop-ups are coming from. You could then remove the source. Both of those modules are part of Samsung's Good Lock application. All of them are available in the Galaxy store. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
userVLQkzbuoED
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Reset
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@skydiver The quickest way to get rid of them would be to factory reset your phone. Be sure to backup any files or photos you want to keep before you do that. 

Alternatively, you could use Samsung's NotiStar and NiceCatch to determine exactly where those pop-ups are coming from. You could then remove the source. Both of those modules are part of Samsung's Good Lock application. All of them are available in the Galaxy store. 

Options
Galaxy S Phones
Avg scans your phone for free other anti-virus apps usually have a free version too
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would still reset the phone but my comment was for afterwards 🙃
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Factory reset your device.. try to backup your photos
0 Likes
eagleeye10
Halo
Options