JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

IMPOSSIBLE to Disable extract text from image šŸ˜”

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 10:56 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
On ALL IMAGES & VIDEOS the "extract text" button is shown in the bottom right.

It's impossible to disable this feature from Samsung. Why? I have no idea. They maybe like invading privacy and scanning everyone's images and storing it on their servers.

- Bixby is completely disabled

- Bixby vision/text is disabled

No solutions. Someone else asked the question and the "Samsung moderator" that "answered" him only said "thank you for your interest...." Absolutely idiotic.

Bottom right text extraction icon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ah I see. As @Puti and @TipsyTrex stated, this is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's merely an option for you to use, there is no invasion of privacy and unrelated to Bixby. The recognition of text is an aspect of the software and cannot be disabled.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Text extraction is entirely offline and local to the phone. You can prove this by simply going offline and performing a text extraction. There is no data being sent in order to use the feature, it is not related to Bixby, and nothing is being stored on a server for this to work. All that's happening is the phone is recognizing text on an image and treating it the same way it handles text in any other context.
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As someone who works with phones, this is true. Nothing is saved on servers, has nothing to do with Bixby, if you don't want text extraction then I suggest you getting a phones with an older Android version, either Android 11 or 12
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, the part where the phone "recognizes a text for an image" is what we're trying to disable.

Thanks for the information about offline capability though šŸ‘
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can't, any more than you can disable how it recognizes and handles text on a webpage, text or app. OCR is a core function of both android and OneUI.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here's an image. Text extraction icon, bottom right. Thanks.1000010861_1000010862_1696997047.jpg
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ah I see. As @Puti and @TipsyTrex stated, this is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's merely an option for you to use, there is no invasion of privacy and unrelated to Bixby. The recognition of text is an aspect of the software and cannot be disabled.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok thanks

0 Likes
Gamingwithanthony
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah I know how you feel. I'm trying to cut out my logo to be transparent but it's always extracting the text and I HATE it..
0 Likes
Csnoopl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

These manufacturers need to stop doing their **bleep** Updates and leave stuff as is. My phone scanned great until last update. Now always wants to extract text instead

0 Likes