JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

IMS service keeps stopping Galaxy S10

(Topic created: 10-01-2020 11:48 PM)
usere6jrON6yD4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All day my phone keeps popping up with IMS Service Keeps Stopping message. My phone has huge lag time (almost unusable) and battery drains quickly. 

I tried to find the App in settings but it is not there. I am in Australia 

I need to fix urgently

Any ideas?

*update...just installed outstanding updates and no change. Still getting pop up and lag. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userfS5CEgsfFF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Issue Resolved for my Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Telstra Network

I experienced the same issues with the IMS keeps stopping error & tried the below trobleshooting methods.

I did a full factory reset, cleared all message app caches, cleared the phone cache, uninstalled any recently installed apps, installed all software updates, checked & updated Playstore for pending app updates, cleared all IMS service app cache & data where possible plus probably a number of other attempts to rectify & the issue still occured. The only way I found to alleviate the problem is to remove the sim card & the phone worked perfectly (minus any telecommunication availability).

Samsung Technical made contact & advised of the following fix that has worked for me so far:

Settings > apps > messages > messages settings > chat settings > rich communication settings > slide to "off"

If I slide the rich communication setting back to on, the IMS error reappears. 

View solution in context

13 Replies
usern3z5DHEOYO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same. Very keen to have this resolved. Samsung, any ideas? 

uservQB0oJrqLD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem,  it started this morning. 

tommygunnz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
me also I thought it was my carrier. I get some messages 3 hours later
0 Likes
userV3wwn06TMv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same message. However, I have an S8 and there has been no update from Samsung for the phone for a month. This started to happen today, morning, after updates for some apps overnight. There has been an update for Message. Also, updates for other apps, all of which I deleted the whole app. I have clearer the Message cache and all its data. Same. I have cleared browser history, still same. Not sure if relevant but the battery symbol in the top left of the screen no longer has a %, just a simple graphic of a partial full battery.

Some others are reporting the same on the S9. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/IMS-service-stopping-interrupting/td-p/1450127

The only way I found to stop the message is to turn it back into a phone. No wifi, no mobile data and the error message stops. Just a dumb phone now. Now I do not get any dumb messages. I do however have a slightly smart brick.

userbY34AkHVUF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same as well.....done everytihg advised..runs battery down..get red hot and very slow to do anything HELP

userWDeOMDD6SX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem! Have tried clearing caches, rebooting, every suggestion I seen. nothing works!!

0 Likes
usergvqKz6Acjq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue with the S20. Started today and I've tried eerything. Have you had any luck finding a fix?

0 Likes
userTqMI6VfHTj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Been having the same issues since yesterday morning with my S9+. I have the latest software installed and have tried troubleshooting suggestions with no improvement

0 Likes
Tlahuicole
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep had same issue here on s20. Tried absolutely everything. Nothing works  been happening since Thursday and its really doing my head in

0 Likes