JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

IMS service keeps stopping Galaxy S10

(Topic created: 10-12-2020 04:37 PM)
usere6jrON6yD4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All day my phone keeps popping up with IMS Service Keeps Stopping message. My phone has huge lag time (almost unusable) and battery drains quickly. 

I tried to find the App in settings but it is not there. I am in Australia 

I need to fix urgently

Any ideas?

*update...just installed outstanding updates and no change. Still getting pop up and lag. 

13 Replies
userHGOY1zxYqq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine's doing this now. I've read elsewhere that it can be caused by the sim card and mine started happening after I put in a new sim. Just wondering if your problem has anything to do with a new sim card?  Apparently someone fixed their problem by trying a different sim but I'm not really in the position to be trying different sim cards in hopes that one will work.  

I also found a solution on the last page of a 20 page thread, to use an app manager that is now no longer available (I emailed the developer).  This solution said that any app manager would also work, so I downloaded one but it doesn't seem to be able to clear the data which is possibly what needs to be done here.

Has anyone else gone into the IMS Service settings and tapped Clear Data? Because mine's greyed out and won't let me...

usertyYKXoVqtH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mines doing this too . S20 ultra 5g. So I even went as fsr to order a new replacement phone thru my provider (telstra) same issues . Put my sim in to my very old s9 ... same issues . Tried all their trouble shooting no results . Rung Samsung. No results . Pretty disgusting to think I've paid 2 grand for a hot brick once I leave my house and not on wifi anymore . Seems to be a Samsung issue tho I'm willing to try a new sim to see if that helps . Anyone found a solution yet at all ? I've tried the you tube clips to fix it too . Legit nothing works 

0 Likes
Solution
userfS5CEgsfFF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Issue Resolved for my Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Telstra Network

I experienced the same issues with the IMS keeps stopping error & tried the below trobleshooting methods.

I did a full factory reset, cleared all message app caches, cleared the phone cache, uninstalled any recently installed apps, installed all software updates, checked & updated Playstore for pending app updates, cleared all IMS service app cache & data where possible plus probably a number of other attempts to rectify & the issue still occured. The only way I found to alleviate the problem is to remove the sim card & the phone worked perfectly (minus any telecommunication availability).

Samsung Technical made contact & advised of the following fix that has worked for me so far:

Settings > apps > messages > messages settings > chat settings > rich communication settings > slide to "off"

If I slide the rich communication setting back to on, the IMS error reappears. 

usere6jrON6yD4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I accidently marked this post as a solution. It was not the case for me. I got an update patch which rectified the issue. 

Hope others have been able to resolve also. 

0 Likes