Original topic:

Idea for the memory dashboard:

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 09:04 PM)
Tron1998
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It would be helpful to know how much the ram plus feature is helping with overall ram usage. I always have Ram Plus set at 8 GB and I don't get any information about how much virtual memory is being used or is available to me. Would be important to people who depend heavily on Ram for apps that are memory demanding. I think it would be in Samsung's best interest as well to enable people to take notice of the reliability & impact of their Ram Plus feature. It is after all a high expectation of Samsung to expect Ram plus to be a favored feature to add it to their S series phones, and to not allow the Ram Plus feature to inform it's user's of it's impact of hardware resources would be a step back from what would expected in terms of informity, which Samsung has been so greatly sensitive to these past years. Furthermore Ram Plus is a feature that is what I may describe as "going the extra mile" and to most this is an amazing tool, but my point is though is it's like looking at the back of a beautiful painting unable to see what's happening on the other side. Ram plus demands attention given the benefits to one's quality of life for those who need it. Just a simple readout of Virtual Ram usage would be appreciated by many who especially found it to be a big factor in their decision to buy these phones, such as business uses, video editors, artists, and so on. I know, is it really that important? It would be a nice and professional touch on the note series especially.
3 Replies
posted88
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
RAM Plus is useless
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

turn your RAM Plus off and all things will work better

Tron1998
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not certain what you're experiencing with Ram plus, but in my case I have a few apps that cause my phone to crash because of how heavy they use my ram. When enabled ram plus lets me use my apps without issues. Perhaps post your concerns separately as I do not see how this comment is relevant to my feedback to Samsung.
0 Likes