JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone minimum volume too loud. How do I get my feedback to Samsung?

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 07:11 AM)
jeffreytbush
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not the first cell phone I've had with this problem.  When on headphones, the minimum volume is too loud.

There are times when I want VERY light music playing, such as when sleeping, or trying to get work done.

Unfortunately the minimum volume (the lowest value just above "mute") is too loud.  The ONLY work around is to go into the equalizer and set EVERY setting to it's minimum (and still it's a bit too loud).  And I have to keep switching back when I want full volume.  HIGHLY irritating.

Right now it's doing this on my Galaxy S10.  But the point is, this isn't the only phone it does this on.

MY REAL QUESTION:  HOW DO I GET THIS FEEDBACK TO SAMSUNG IN HOPES THAT THEY FIX THIS IN FUTURE PHONES?  

I'm willing to send an old-school paper letter if that's what it takes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Buckwheat 1210
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you use SoundAssist or in volume settings, change the Increment when you hit the volume. Example: 1 is for 1-100 hitting the button 100 times. 2 would get you to max volume with 50 taps, 5 step increments will get you there in 20.
** I suggest the lowest increments your device will accept. ALSO, check your volume breakdown by pressing volume button and tap the 3 dots at top of slider. Samsung Sound Assistance app works well for me for a deeper breakdown. 😎👍

View solution in context

6 Replies
RCox451
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree. There needs to be a better lower limit.
There are NO STEPS between completely off and too much for light listening.
Jw-83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can set the volume limit by going to settings > sounds and vibrations > volume> hit the 3 dots at the top > hit medua volume limit > adjust the slider for custom volume limit.
0 Likes
jeffreytbush
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's dealing with MAX volume.  That's not my issue.  I'm talking about the MIN value, just prior to MUTE being too loud.

And this isn't something people here can fix.  Only SAMSUNG can fix this.

So I'm looking for the best way to get feedback TO THEM to fix this on their phones.

0 Likes
Jw-83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was hoping that maybe moving the volume slider to the left would lower the max volume.
0 Likes
Solution
Buckwheat 1210
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you use SoundAssist or in volume settings, change the Increment when you hit the volume. Example: 1 is for 1-100 hitting the button 100 times. 2 would get you to max volume with 50 taps, 5 step increments will get you there in 20.
** I suggest the lowest increments your device will accept. ALSO, check your volume breakdown by pressing volume button and tap the 3 dots at top of slider. Samsung Sound Assistance app works well for me for a deeper breakdown. 😎👍
jeffreytbush
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Buckwheat 1210 : THANK YOU!!!!!

Perfect solution!

0 Likes