JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notes app Add-on blocks opening the Notes app on Samsung GS9

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 12:47 PM)
userZiIsxrG2jZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

JUMP TO SOLUTION
28 Replies
user4JW7frG70U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yes, my son's note 10 did this, I went the the setting in the app and coverted like you said. thank you!
0 Likes
Jenglo3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
THANK YOU for commenting on how to fix this by converting my old notes
user1Rb5zv5Hir
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me this morning. That's ridiculous. That Samsung would update the Notes app NOT update the notes themselves, allow a user to experience the sheer terror of finding they cannot access their Notes and must install an application that the phone blocks from installing before they can work with their notes. And then, the final option is to agree to convert your old notes to a format that can be opened in the new application THAT IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. 

But that does indeed solve the problem I can open them now. 

I'll just reiterate....this was a horrible user experience, and it will me make me think many times about switching to an iPhone when this S9 needs to be replaced.

Do you guys ever study the subject matters of "Customer Centricity" and "Design Thinking"? I'll assume not. For god's sake, go do some reading and learn how to treat your customers.

Samsung_niBZjOp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree, a horrible user experience that only generates fear for their users. I am always amazed at the lack of good user experience design by huge corporations, especially here where the Notes app is THE signature app for their phones.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is completely unacceptable by Samsung. If you own the app, then why expose users to unnecessary risks? Thank you Samsung for making my mind up for me to migrate to Apple

0 Likes
userPfKSepGJsL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No need to worry about message from unknown sources, nor download any add-ons. Simply go to the settings portion on the Samsung Notes itself and convert it to the new style; soon after you will be able to access your previous notes. Just did it, it has worked for me.

0 Likes
user72LPe05USa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It was a giant hassel!!!

Hiw do I set white background as default instead of black? Nowhere In app settings!

Defaulting to BLACKGROUND which I hate as I draw a lot and the original graph paper is gone changing the per square inch relative dynamics. I want to be able to use it as it was originally....

0 Likes
userbFuiLSbie1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
i want my old notes back!! samsung do something. this's crazy
0 Likes
Jcsal1967
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
this is ridiculous I've been using this app for years. I've never hD a problem. This morning I'm trying to get info from my notes and its not letting me.
0 Likes