Original topic:

Outlook 1x1 calendar shortcut widget not working on Samsung S22/Android 13

(Topic created: 06-12-2023 02:06 PM)
uservLeUABr9aP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi,

A few days ago my Outlook 1x1 calendar shortcut widget stopped responding, and once removed I was no longer able to add it back to my home screen. Trying to add it results in the widget showing briefly for a split of a second then disappearing again.

When trying the same with the Email Shortcut 1x1 widget it then goes through the email account selection, but once selected the behavior is the same - the widget shows and immediately disappears.

If I drag the app (not the widget) to the home screen everything works well and the app itself shows, but I am looking for the direct-to-calendar option.

I've tried restarting the phone, force stopping the app, removing all cache. The app has all the required permissions, the removed unused permissions is off, battery setting for the app is unrestricted, there's no storage issue on the device. There was also no problem adding other apps' widgets to the same space on the home screen.

Video example here.

Details -

- Outlook app version is 4.2321.0.

- Samsung S22 - SM-S901E/DS

- One UI 5.1

- Android 13

- Kernel - 5.10.136

- Latest security patch (May 1st, 2023)

Would love your help resolving this!

9 Replies
Members_6o4uwYE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Exactly my problem too.  I got an Outlook update from the App Store overnight Saturday, and my Calendar and Email 1X1 widgets were gone.  When I tried to add them back, there'd be a brief flash, but they would never show up on the Home Screen.  I did find I could add the larger widgets, and as noted above, the app itself can also be added.  But neither Email or Calendar 1x1 widget can be added to the Home Page.

ShootingBlanks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I found this thread by googling for this exact problem I'm having that recently started, but I have a Pixel 6 Pro. Has anyone come across a resolution, by chance?

Members_6o4uwYE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have to believe that Microsoft is aware of the issue, so am keeping an eye on the PlayStore for an update.  In  the meantime, I figured out that the larger widgets do still work, but decided to simply add the app itself and switch between Email and Calendar with the buttons at the bottom.

uservLeUABr9aP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yeah, did the same, thanks for mentioning this, but clearly does not resolve the problem. Thanks! 

0 Likes
uservLeUABr9aP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

(adding the Microsoft Community support page for this - HERE)

0 Likes
jmscott517
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same problem, try to add it shows up for a second then disappears. Samsung s21 FE 5G.
userIbJXHmCPA3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue here.   Hope they fix it

0 Likes
Members_6o4uwYE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It's fixed. I got an update 2 days ago, but just re-tested adding the widgets.

0 Likes
Solution
uservLeUABr9aP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This was just resolved in the most recent update, finally.