Original topic:

Phone randomly pops up with ads. All apps even just texting. Annoying,

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 03:54 PM)
Tacosnacho
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So randomly ads are popping up on my phone. Even when I'm not using it. What the heck is the deal?
0 Likes
8 Replies
KingChad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
U have to turn off ads from samsung YouTube it
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't get any ads, ever. Is this something unique to the new S series phones?  I didn't have to turn off any settings, I just never got any -- and I hope I don't start suddenly getting any.  Did you perhaps visit a website that had some rogue code?  What kind of ads are you getting?  Are they pop-up? Notifications?

0 Likes
happytech1878
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Tracker when the ad pops up if it like goes on full screen or it's a notification check if it's an app and if it is if it's like a full screen address then press the more tabs option and see if that's an app if it is then delete the app that's doing that if it's a notification ad or pop up bad then check the notification bar to see what app it's coming from
0 Likes
happytech1878
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Or else you may have a virus on your phone
gardiner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I stupidly deleted an app. How do I get it back?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

deleted from your home page, uninstalled?  If uninstalled go to the play store and reinstall it.  If you just deleted the icon from your home screen, should still be in your app drawer and you can copy it back. If you uninstalled it, any data that was part of it would be gone.  You could also restore your last backup, provided your phone has not been backed up since the deletion - only do this if the app contained important data, because it's much easier to just reinstall the app.

0 Likes
Members_J0PBSgR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung doesn't currently do anything like this... Maybe one of your apps have gone rouge?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Tacosnachoenable the phone's protection and run a scan to get rid of any malware. Or you can download an antivirus app and use that.

0 Likes