Original topic:

S10e Fingerprint Scanner Failure?

(Topic created: yesterday)
Iviesaur
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello,

Recently my phone's power button fingerprint scanner has been failing a lot lately. Normally it doesn't work the first few times, every once in a while. I'm not sure why but this week especially I feel the scanner hasn't worked much at all. It still will sometimes but there are dozens of times a day, now, where I am required to enter my pin. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this related to the latest updates or some kind of forced malfunction to push people towards upgrading to the newest phones?

Thanks, from, 

A conspiracy theorist still using an S10e
0 Likes
2 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Considering the s10e is a budget phone and it's over 5 years old I'd be more willing to bet it is nearing its end of life if not already almost DOA.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What @Oxford said, as well as did you do a diagnostic on the fingerprint scanner? The fingerprint scanner on the side button was always the worst possible idea; my guess is it's failing from fatigue and old age. While planned obsolescence is definitely a thing, I do not think Samsung is deliberately targeting your device so you will be forced to upgrade.
0 Likes