Original topic:

S20 FE screen issues with last update.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
KevinB1978
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The past week I have been experiencing scrambling screen atrt last update. I conducted a restore that was successful and it scrambled again. Is this a software issue or hardware issue? Customer support is totally useless they just regurgitated the same line. What do you do about issues like this! I am on the last year of update and thank goodness! Support from Samsung has been a negative experience for me. My next phone will offer better support. 
7 Replies
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would try looking at what happened after your update. If it worked after the update and before the restore, it's likely a software issue. It can be frustrating, but try going through it logically.
KevinB1978
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank Rayser. I did that went to 'safe mode' cleared out any suspicious apps ( all from the Playstore. It's that so-called "live support" is anything but! My phone is working fine. I get a hiccups afew time from YouTube phone is running normal. The real issue is trust in the device. I have my old IPhone 4 and it still functions enough for my grandkid to use. That is the kind of dependable phone I will purchase next time.
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There is plenty of guilt all around. My GF had a iPhone 6 and I bought her an Apple watch. She had to upgrade her phone because it was incompatible. Just out of warranty, her watch died. Bought a new watch. Then, one of the cameras in her iphone 12 went out. Now she's got an iPhone 14 pro Max. It's All Electronics, and, other than software it's basically all subject to the same fallibility
0 Likes
McStorey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey Kevin. Can you describe the "scrambling"
0 Likes
KevinB1978
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Screen scrambles on a High resolution picture or movie. Like the pixels flash mutli colors then goes out. Then comes back.
0 Likes
KevinB1978
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Screen scrambles on a High resolution picture or movie. Like the pixels flash mutli colors then goes out. Then comes back.
0 Likes
KevinB1978
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Follow up. After numerous restarts and reloading apps. I again have a functional phone. Tech support for Samsung has shown its ugly face, they recommend problem and not problem solving. Funny that I have an iPhone 4 that sti l works and this phone is a lot newer. I belive it was a software issue and they had no solution for it, very disappointing!
0 Likes