Original topic:

S20 Ultra does not receive updates

(Topic created: Sunday)
userEIqNF3CiOV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S20 Ultra last received a Software update in Feb 2021, yet the Software update button shows "Software is up to date".
I wasn't aware how often updates occur but apparently several have been issued since 2021 including Android version updates.
Any ideas what could be wrong or how to force the updates?
5 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be on android 14 and ui 6 1 you got just over 3 years android monthly patches I e updates missing I believe it's once a day you can check for updates so maybe wait a few days and try on wifi if you can in about phone system info should have Google plays services to check also may want to clear the phone cache
0 Likes
userEIqNF3CiOV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for the suggestions. I have been checking weekly for a the last couple months. Cleared the phone cache but Google play services still shows as being up to date. I wonder what can be preventing new updates from appearing and if a system hard reset might be in order, though I don't really want to do that.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be ar end of updates with android 14 I think but can't figure out why it's been 3 years a reset may or may not fix it I look at that as a last resort option nit sure I seen this before so bit confused on what to try perhaps a feedback to support
0 Likes
userEIqNF3CiOV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Support told me to take the phone to an authorized Samsung repair dealer so I did. They need to run a diagnostic to determine the problem and would require to leave the phone for 48 - 72 hrs, which is a little daunting since I need it daily.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got ya on the repair in settings goto device care and run the diagnostic save some time with that only things that cone to mind besides that is a corrupted file
0 Likes