Original topic:

S21 FE 5G: green line

(Topic created: Tuesday)
userR5Tnh26lHj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After the last one UI 6.1 UPDATE my phone had a vertical green line appear. Today a 2nd one appeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is Samsung offering to replace these screens? It seems to be a hardware failure issue

14 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sorry, your phone is over 3 years old now, and out of warranty. I sincerely doubt Samsung will do any type of screen replacement at no cost to you.
0 Likes
userR5Tnh26lHj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah you're probably right. I have seen lots of people in India complaining about it the screen lines. I swear I think Samsung takes the parts from batch lots that don't QC and make the FE's out of them.
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Plus the fe version is like budget friendly it's not like the higher up s series 🤷🏽:female_sign:
0 Likes
userR5Tnh26lHj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I paid $799 for the phone from the Samsung website. I wouldn't call it "budget friendly". The A71 and A30 maybe...not the FE. It's a Galaxy S which is part of its flagship line of products
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes thats def not budget friendly, i mean after this new update i think they are not updating the FE series
0 Likes
AJMiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Think of it like this:
S21- (FE)
S21
S21+
S21 Ultra
Still a flagship, but a little worse than the rest of the lineup. It is definitely not budget friendly. The "budget friendly" phones are the A-Series, NOT the FE (Fan Edition).
0 Likes
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What is the point of FE like isnt everyone who has a samsung a "Fan" so what makes the FE different?
0 Likes
AJMiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's just a phone that is offered for people who don't want the A-Series, but can't afford the top of the line flagships. It's still a flagship, just not as powerful.
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for clearing that up for me 😊
0 Likes