JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20FE5G Taking Video Snippets instead of Photos, How do I save just as 1 photo and not the Snippet

(Topic created: 07-23-2023 05:49 PM)
belovedbyHim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Samsung Galaxy is taking video snippets instead of photos.  I want to just save them as Photos since it's eating up my Phone and Google storage to keep all these as videos.  Is there a way to 1. stop this from happening and 2. just keep the photo instead of the video?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here's how to disable motion photo on Samsung:

In the camera app, select photo mode if it isn't already selected.

Tap the motion photo icon (square with the small triangle inside it).

If you see the text Motion photo: off, that means the feature has been disabled.

To turn it back on, tap the motion photo icon again.
Screenshot_20230723_224159.jpg

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not quite sure I understand what's happening, but there is a setting in the camera app where if you swipe the button it will take a gif.

Is it possible you are swiping the button instead of pressing and releasing?
0 Likes
belovedbyHim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope.  half of my photos are motion photos and others come in normally.  These are not Gif's but import as if they are Jpg's but since they are "motion photos" every picture this way is taking up TONS more memory.  Now I will have to go through every single photo on my phone to edit them... and then go through every single photo on my Google Photos backup and edit them again!! It's Highly annoying!!!

0 Likes
Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here's how to disable motion photo on Samsung:

In the camera app, select photo mode if it isn't already selected.

Tap the motion photo icon (square with the small triangle inside it).

If you see the text Motion photo: off, that means the feature has been disabled.

To turn it back on, tap the motion photo icon again.
Screenshot_20230723_224159.jpg
belovedbyHim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!!! This solves part of my problem.  It had been clicked on and was yellow (highlighted?)

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
At the bottom with camera open swipe left to shut off singletake go to photo mode Screenshot_20230723_215618_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20230723_215638_Camera.jpg
0 Likes