JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages (MMS Issue: Invalid address entered)

(Topic created: 04-18-2019 08:31 PM)
user3cDigRstcI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello all,

I recently purchased an unlocked S10. The only issue I seem to have at this time is with sending MMS messages through the native app on the phone. When I use a third party app everything works fine. The problem is that I REALLY like the new native app and all of the features associated with it so I'm eager to find a resolution to my problem.

I have literally tried everything. Anything I try to send a picture/gif or anything of the sort I get an error back reading "invalid address entered". I am now at a loss! Currently, I am using Google's third party messages app.

Please help,

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
57 Replies
usernTyegIm0NL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S9 and tried everything.  Carrier, new SIM, network resets, APN mods, wipe davlik cache.  Thanks to this thread finally tried Google message client.  Confirmed Samsung One UI and Samsung message are junk software.  Go to Google IM client to work around invalid destination error on MMS sending.

0 Likes
ChrisLides
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same issue with my galaxy s20
0 Likes
userodACWauOfe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having this same issue with the s10+. thanks yo you guys Im using Google msgs.. I do not think samsung has addressed this issue.
0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wiping the cache partition is listed as the solution. Is it?

0 Likes
LishaMarii88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I too just purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus that I am using on Verizon. I have tried several options as well. Searching the web, I called Verizon, Samsung, and even toyed with the Network settings myself. I can use Messaging + which is Verizon's messaging app just fine, I can use google messaging app just fine, but the built in app for Samsung does not work. I cleared the cache countless times and still nothing. it is unfortunate that I spent almost $1300 for this phone and I can't use basic functions. someone from Samsung please help...
0 Likes
userzbM9yOiz9i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issue and I'm very frustrated. I have an unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy note 9 and I am on straight talks network. 1st I adjusted the APN settings, and I thought that fixed it because it did change my service to let me have 4G for the 1st time since I've had this phone. I've only been able to receive 3G before adjusting those settings. Unfortunately though, this did not work to give me MMS capabilities. Then I went in to settings to apps, made it show system apps, force stopped mmsservice and messages both before clearing the cache in both as well... but still unable to send MMS. I went to the reboot menu and wiped the cache partition like in the directions listed above, but when I rebooted my phone I was still unable to send any MMS with error "invalid destination address.. I don't know if this matters or not, but when I was adjusting those settings in the apps (doing the force stop and clearing the cache), I did notice that messages is updated to version 10.0.21.73 while the
MmsService is only version 9. My phone shows that I dont have any updates available. please help, SO FRUSTRATED!!
0 Likes
TieDyeJonin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I work for a cell phone carrier and was working with a customer having this issue. I tried literally everything on this thread to try and fix it. I ended up calling our tech support, and he determined that there was an MMS block on the line having the issue. He removed the block and it started working. He said that it might also be an old messaging profile that needs to be removed so that might be the issue you're having if nothing on here helps.

0 Likes
user0j7LBmkeMS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Apparently the mms/ video option is blocked on the account,  they unblocked it and is wiring fine.  At least thru VerizonScreenshot_20210115-232359_My Verizon.jpg

0 Likes