JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages needs updated features

(Topic created: 09-10-2023 08:32 PM)
Santaneria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is sort of a rant but I also hope people share my thoughts/opinions to the point that it will bring some good answers. 

I'm not a fan of Google messages. I liked samsung messages but the reasons I switched are for small details that make a difference for me. 

I like the ability to name group chats, message reactions, and how RCS features are between more contacts with androids because they also use Google messages. 

Samsung messages just needs a few tweaks to make it look better and I'd switch back in an instant. It's so nice that it has the option to customize chat rooms so I can set a black background screen which works perfect with AMOLED screens, the personalized message groupings, the quick notification settings, how the chat name is bold compared to the message preview (helps when my eyes stray and scan the screen so much), search messages, shared attachments,... so much that's good about it, and the only thing that made me switch was the group message naming, RCS features, and bold chat names 🤦🏽‍:male_sign:

Does anyone know or think they'd update or continue to develop samsung messages? As convinient as Google messages became, I still prefer samsings versions but doesn't seem like anything changed, and I've used it since I got my S21 over 2 years ago.

Don't get me started on emojis 🤦🏽‍:male_sign:😮💨

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

10 Replies
okinn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Agree!
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree, but it seems like Samsung is leaning to replacing Samsung messaging with Google messaging.
Santaneria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If that's the case, then I hope Google messages can adopt the features that samsung messages has right now
wilkconman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've heard that samsung has been implementing their own version of Google messages that is more resembling of one ui, with samsungs features built in. Could be purely speculation, though.
Santaneria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
YES! I also saw that in an android news website article thing that popped up in NY Google explore page. I'm really excited that they're finally doing something with it and I really hope it looks similar to the Samsung messages app but with the added Google messages features!

Now I'm just waiting for the OneUI official release! 🙏🏽🤙🏽
0 Likes
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've been saying this for years. I've owned every generation of the S and Note lineup and up until Samsung made Google messages the stock messaging app, I've always loved and used Samsung messages for it's customization options. I truly hope Google or Samsung will rework the messaging app so it is more up to date and far more customizable than it is now.
Santaneria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would love for them to make a great combination of the two or continue developing samsung messages because it's so nice! At this point I only have 1 other contact with supported RCS features because everyone else has iPhone but the reactions don't work on Samsung messages ironically
Bennett24u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I too love samsung messages but I've been using Google messages because of the reactions feature and a few other things. Aesthetically I prefer Samsung.
Santaneria
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm glad I'm not alone lol but I definitely do enjoy samsungs better, I switched back to it recently because I got annoyed with Google color scheme and layout