JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung email client does not Message ID for private SMTP email server

(Topic created: 10-02-2022 05:01 PM)
clivemccarthy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung S8+ and I am having difficulty with the Samsung email client. I have configured three email accounts and they all work. One account uses a 'private' SMTP email server which works satisfactorily for all email _except_ email to Google Mail recipients.

In July or August this year Google changed their "rules" for email and now require any email to have a Message-ID. The Samsung email client does not provide one when sending message via a 'private' SMTP server. Thus email sent from the Samsung email client bounce.

The absence of the ID does not bother other email providers, only Google. I have tested other email clients on my S8+ and they are able to successfully send email via the same 'private' SMTP server to Google mail recipients.

I prefer the Samsung email client because it handles multiple email accounts and sub-folders better than other email clients.

Do you have a fix or work-around for this problem ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go the the app and submit the error report providing all the detailed information that you can.  Even attach the bounced email.  Since there is no developer contact in the Play Store listing, this is your only option. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

3 Replies
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
clivemccarthy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry, the issue doesn't show up as an error in the Samsung email client.  It simply shows up as a bounced email from Google mail. The bounced email simply says that the email does not contain a Message-ID. 

If you are familiar with the header content of an email, in its raw form, you will know what I mean.

Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go the the app and submit the error report providing all the detailed information that you can.  Even attach the bounced email.  Since there is no developer contact in the Play Store listing, this is your only option. 

Bill
---