JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung messages now don't show read receipts after switching back from Google messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently switched over to Google messages only for one minute, (I did not like them) then switched back over to samsung messages. Now my samsung messages are not showing read/delivered. The other samsung users have theirs turned on. I too have mine turned on. I need help! Samsung agents, and my phone carrier say they either can't fix it or they just don't know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey guys! I don't know what happened, or what I did but they are back on. Thank you for all the help!

View solution in context

38 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As far as I know, you can only have read/delivered if you are using RCS messages. I also know that Google messages use RCS by default. Samsung messages don't always use RCS and I'm unsure if you can use it by default.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not sure that applies to Samsung messages
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yah I not sure if samsung messages use RCS all the time, but I do know RCS is how you the read/delivered
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's not correct Samsung messages read and delivered works without rcs
0 Likes
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do you change that? For samsung messages
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't think Samsung uses rcs
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It doesn't
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can't use RCS by default on samsung messages. But here is the option on Google messages. 1723506259042.jpg1723506474250.jpg
0 Likes
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Okay so it's nit called that. I have all of those settings on
0 Likes